16 MATH QUESTIONS
1. Is it correct to say that a set is a collection of numbers or letters? Why or why not?
2. How will you explain to a student the difference between equality and equivalence of sets?
4. Why is the Hindu-Arabic better than the Roman numeration system?
True or false and then EXPLAIN….
1. Every prime number is odd?
2. There is the biggest prime number?
3. There is the biggest composite?
4. If a number is divisible by 2 and 3, then it divisible by 6?
5. If a number is divisible by 8 and 6, then it divisible by 48?
1. Explain how to determine the smaller of 0.24 and 0.3 using the following techniques:
a. A hundreds square
b. The number line
d. Place value
2. How do the concepts ratio and proportion differ?
1. The system of coordinates is a “bridge” between algebra and geometry?
2. Relations between straight lines and linear equations?