Health Policy Issue
# Select ONE health policy issue from the list below:
- Medical Marijuana
- Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia
- Vaccines for Children
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Right to Health Care
Research arguments for and against the health policy and address the following:
- Research the policy issue and present background information on the issue
- Address the political, financial, and economic issues related to health policy.
- Discuss the specifics of who will be eligible and who will be responsible for providing services.
- Discuss the impact of your proposal on recipients and providers of care; include eligibility requirements for receiving benefits, the application process, expected benefits, and requirements for a provider to be eligible.
- Identify the specific government health programs and organizations that are involved and analyze their role in the policy.
- Examine budgetary issues such as who will be responsible for funding: state, federal, or a combination of both.