Qualitative Research Five Approaches and Theory
#Five Approaches and Theory
This week you will continue working with the five main qualitative approaches with respect to theory. After you have considered the role of theory in the five main qualitative approaches, you will be asked about how you plan to incorporate theory into your qualitative research plan.
To prepare for this Application:
- Review the Course Text readings and media segment for this week.
- Consider the role of theory for each of the five main qualitative approaches. How is the role similar and different among the five approaches?
- What, specifically, do you need to consider in terms of theory while you are planning your qualitative research plan? To assist you with this, consider working on the literature review for your qualitative research plan. As you read articles, examine the theory used and how it relates to your selected topic and approach.
- Craft a 5- to 7-page paper in which you do the following:
- Compare and contrast the role of theory in the five main qualitative approaches.
- State what you believe, at this time, will be the role of theory in your qualitative research plan and explain any considerations that you must keep in mind regarding theory.