Elements Of Diversity
#Discuss How Informal and Formal Care for Older Adults Is Impacted by Elements Of Diversity.
This will be a discussion post for my doctoral aging and diversity class. You must support your response with at least two new peer-reviewed articles but can also cite any of the provided resources. For this particular assignment, use Mehrota, Chandra, and Wagner, Lisa. (2009). Aging and Diversity 2nd ed. New York: Routledge.
Ch. 6 & Dilworth-Anderson et al. (2004) respond to the following topic:
- Discuss how informal and formal care for older adults is impacted by elements of diversity. According to the data, what do we know about how caregiving varies across various ethnic and cultural groups?
- How do these differences play out in your professional work with older adults and their families?
- What are the barriers in place concerning access to programs and services when taking into account ethnicity, race, class, gender, sexual orientation, and religion?
- The expectation for satisfactory work is 500 – 750 words per topic with at least 3 current peer-reviewed references utilized.
- Textbooks, blogs, magazine or internet articles, book chapters, or special reports, do not count toward the peer-reviewed minimum.
- Connections to peer-reviewed references should be used throughout your writing with in-text citations and matching reference citations.
For your reference, I am a healthy, white 34-year-old female from Kentucky. I am extremely active and spend a lot of time working out and eating healthy food. Also, I am a college professor in the Exercise Science department and own an online fitness and nutrition coaching business.
I have attached recommended resources to elaborate on the assignment expectations. Make sure to provide substantial evidence from scholarly resources and refrain from making generalized statements. Textbooks, blogs, magazine or internet articles, book chapters, or special reports, do not count toward scholarly resources.